Thursday, January 29, 2009

Weekend Getaway

So I've got some catching up to do. Two weekends ago I went on a little getaway with 17 women to a cabin in central Maryland. Once we got the place heated up we all settled into three days of scrapbooking, reading, eating yummy food, doing other crafts, getting our eyebrows plucked and shaped, shopping, and most of all talking. It was so fun to catch up with, and meet for the first time, women who came from Maryland, Georgia, Idaho, Washington, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, and wherever else I've forgotten. Most of the women have lived in Maryland at some point in time and that's how the group got started. This was my first year joining in on the fun and I had a great time. I used my time to make silhouette prints of our family, write a paragraph of an internship letter, read part of Sense & Sensibility, and organize my recipe binders. We spent most of our time at the cabin, but we did eat out one night in Frederick, MD at a restaurant called Cacique which served Spanish and Mexican food and it was delicious. My friend Tiffany and I shared two plates of food - one was salmon stuffed with crab and the other was a dish with scallops, shrimp and sirloin steak and both were awesome! We all want to go back and eat at this restaurant again. The rest of the weekend was also full of good food and I wish I could hire Marianne to come make all of our family meals. I think we could definitely be happy eating her biscuits with homemade apple butter, caramel rolls, Greek salad with grilled herb lemon chicken, and her sweet potato pancakes with guacamole and pomegranate glaze. Nevermind that we'd probably have to really amp up our workout routines in order to combat the calories.

This was my first time away from Eliza, but Brian was happy to have some one-on-one time and took her out shopping for three new outfits followed by milkshakes at the mall. I don't think she missed me all that much with the amount of playing and ice cream they got in. Somehow he also managed to use the weekend to get a bunch of homework done. Next year he won't have any homework to do during the weekend retreat so I guess I should expect twice the amount of shopping and ice cream as what he fit in this year. I'm already looking forward to 2010!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am SO jealous! It looked like a great weekend. I miss all my MD friends.

Monique said...

I missed you all!!!!

Linds said...

Ohhh, can I steal these pics?! Mine turned out terrible. I'm still dreaming of a decent digital camera! It was so fun and I'm glad you made it.