Before
We moved again back into our own apartment with our own stuff. Some little tidbits about this move:- Our stuff came back from storage infested with bugs and we're washing everything to try to get rid of them. It's our fault since we stored food inside our pod that wasn't properly packaged. Blame it on not having a lot of notice for the move to Utah last year or just blame it on our ignorance.
- Moving into an apartment means that we lost our yard space. We sent our dog to live with my family for a while as a result of that, the fact that Brian won't be here to help with the dog and the location of the apartment being on the third floor. There was no way I could handle getting the dog down the stairs while carrying Eliza in her "convulsive fish" tantrum phase.
- This is the first time in 4 years that we've lived in a home with no stairs inside the actual dwelling (nevermind the two flights to get to the front door) and we love living on one level again.
- The unit has three bedrooms, two full baths, a laundry room, a dedicated dining room area and plenty of closet space which we love.
- One side of the apartment overlooks a parking lot and another building but the windows out the back overlook trees which is awesome.
- We have a fireplace that won't get used very often but it still looks nice.
- Overall, we're happy to have our own "home" again and not be living in short-term rentals with borrowed or rented items. It's also nice to not have to worry about another move anytime soon.




7 comments:
The apartment looks nice. That is sad that you had to leave behind your dog. Is Brian leaving somewhere?
Your house always looks so beautiful.
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. He will be missed. :(
It seems like a really nice place!
Are you back in the FM ward now?
Logan's bedroom is also the storage room but we don't have anywhere else to put things so I totally understand =) I think your apartment looks gorgeous! You do such a great job with decorating. I am glad you guys are back and good luck with the bugs.
Congrats on you new place. Did I tell you my brother Ben is now at Basic for the Army? He is at Ft. Leonard Woods. Then off to AZ for his advance training. I hope all is going well.
Welcome back Rasmussens!!!
yuck for the bugs - hope u get rid of em
glad u like the new place. fireplaces are fun :)
Post a Comment