Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cedar Mountain

We went to visit my aunt and uncle's cabin on Cedar Mountain after church today. They invited us up for dinner and it was a feast. My aunt, Corinne, always makes tons of food and today was no exception. We had bacon-wrapped-havarti-stuffed chicken, steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans with pineapple chunks added in (they were good), green salad, rolls, sweet potatoes, cheese, and rhubarb cake with whipped cream. After eating we walked around outside. I just have to say how much I love the Utah mountains where you can leave the heat of the valleys and go to the cool, fresh air up the canyons. It has been a little cooler in the valleys lately as well, but it was still so nice to go up in the mountains and feel the coolness of the elevation.
Little blue butterflies or moths that were everywhere.
Eliza with her Uncle Tre (Jamie's brother).
Jamie's cousin, Heather, and her daughters Ellie and Claire.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

1. Seeing pictures of Utah (especially Utah trails) makes me homesick. I know I live in Paradise, but Heaven to me is a green dessert.
2. All the races you have been doing have totally kept me motivated. It is so hot here I get way over heated when I exercise, which makes me pretty much not want to exercise at all. But seeing you and many of the woman in the ward run makes me keep it up.
3. My mom and I are going to make the tent/puppet show thing when i go to Utah in September. If it works I will totally make one for you.

sydney said...

ah bacon, cheese and chicken all together - my favorite - a real kosher feast - haha
those blue moth things are cool :)