
Today we went to Larriland Farms to pick blueberries. I had grand plans of picking 10 pounds but the day was too hot, and Eliza was too heavy. After maybe 30 minutes of picking I still had less than 2 pounds. Oh well. We ended up at the barn so we could just buy pre-picked items without any more time in the fields. So, thanks to the workers at Larriland, we came home with fresh corn, yellow squash, one tomato and a bag of peaches to add to our pitiful bag of blueberries. This added to the potatoes, zucchini, pears, carrots and white peaches that we already had. I love the availability of produce in the summer! These are some of the ways we used our purchases (or plan to use them):The title of this post was chosen because "Fruits and Veggies - More Matters!" is the newest fruit and vegetable campaign. So, if you thought the campaign was still "5 A Day" it's time to get updated. The focus of the new campaign is to get more in our diets. Did you figure that out from the name?



9 comments:
those blueberry muffins look good!!!!!! - yuuum
2 lbs of blueberries - tsk tsk - haha - yea in the heat if u had eliza on your back in that thing id imagine it wouldnt be much fun
Maybe the title of the post should be "Fruits and Veggies - You only need one tomato!"
I hope it wasn't bruised.
it all looks so yummy, but could you have please more healthy recipes? all those desserts, yummy, and i don't have your metabolism. lol
You weren't kidding about those muffins, mmmm! And you're so awesome to actually have a list of recipes you'll be making. I need to start cooking things that actually require more than four ingredients.
Haha Tiffany! I don't actually eat all of the desserts and treats I make. They're always made in conjunction with dinner at some else's house or when guests come over here. Then I pawn it all of of them so I don't eat the entire pan. I'm also pretty good about actually throwing out extra food too so I don't eat it all. Plus, I'm notorious for changing recipes by using wheat flour, substituting applesauce for the fat or just removing ingredients or steps altogether. Brian will comment sometimes that I need to just follow the recipe once in a while. As for the recipes listed, I've only made the pasta, caramelized peaches and the muffins so far. The muffins were half wheat flour (white wheat) and next time they're going to be whole wheat and applesauce without the sugar topping (which I decreased already). As for the caramelized peaches, we actually ate those with fat free frozen yogurt. I'll give you some more healthy recipes...just you wait. Shilae-I actually do a menu planner every time I go shopping so that I have an organized list with the recipe locations or else dinner would always be Costco potstickers or ravioli! Both of which I love, by the way. Sydney-yes the muffins were delicious! I will make them for you when we see you again. I can even make them with apples if we don't have blueberries at that time since I know you like apple pastries. Anonymous-the tomato was actually split thanks to the weight of some other vegetable smashing it on the way home. That's why it got eaten last night and not held over for another day. By the way, I think you're Brian. If you're not, let me know.
Mmm those muffins look super good.
If I told you who I was, I wouldn't be anonymous. By the way, you are HOT and that baby of yours is the cutest ever. 11 more days....
Awww. 11 more days for me as well. Wait a minute. Does that mean that you won't be able to see B while you are here? I hope so. Also, it seems to me that you need more fat in your diet. Come to Hungary. We will fatten you right up! ;)
Yum! Just add some butter to those veggies for absorption! I hope picking was good! I'll have to venture there someday!
Post a Comment