Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Today was a beautiful day! No rain on the 4th for the first time since we moved here 4 years ago and it wasn't too hot or humid either. We started out with a bike ride around the airport which was awesome. It was Lauryn's first time riding a bike with clipless pedals and she did great! She only fell once when I stopped without warning her and she didn't get her foot detached quick enough to get stopped without hitting me so she tipped into a fence. I would apologize to her but she got me back by accidentally shoving me down a slight hill into a thorn bush.

Eliza and I spent the evening at the military base where she played in a little bounce house and we met up with friends by chance. Eliza played with the girls, Sarah and Mariah, for a little while before the three of them polished off a quarter of a watermelon with only a little help from the adults. We came home early so Eliza could go to bed but we ended our day of celebrations with ice cream (and a brownie for me!). The fireworks are still going off outside but I can't see them from our house. Oh well...I can see a ton of fireflies and they're awesome!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY 2009!

5 comments:

SheL said...

I LOVE her cute little patriotic outfit!

Monique said...

sniff.. Adorable pics! Ditto on the outfit. Those twins are enough to make me have more kids.

What?? No broken bones OR rain this 4th?? BORING! :) Miss you guys.

The Maschger Family said...

What a great 4th! AND...you need to call me...come over...eat our food...hang out...whatever! :-)

Linds said...

It looks like you've been having some great summer fun! Happy Anniversary

sydney said...

shoving u into a thorn bush - nice - haha - not funny - bad me - not laughing