skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- Only one more month until our trip to Maine! You should read this statement and understand that that means that Brian will be home during that time. Yeah! Too bad that he won't be here beyond our vacation. Work calls and he'll be away again for a few more months.

- Speaking of Brian...I was so surprised to find his anniversary posting. I opened my blog reader that morning and couldn't figure out why our blog had something new. I thought that maybe I'd set some post to publish that day and had forgotten somehow. I've had a way with ruining surprises in the past, but this one caught me totally off guard. I loved the post and the video! What a sweet husband and what an awesome gift!
- Eliza still gets a pacifier at bedtime and nap time. I want it gone before she starts day care in September so I've been preparing myself for taking it away. She doesn't fight to get it at all during the day and she takes it out of her mouth first thing in the morning or after naps to leave it in her bed so she knows that it's only for sleeping. What are your tips? How much of a fight should I expect? What are your recommendations?
We checked out a Family Literacy Fun backpack from the library the other day and it looked so cute on Eliza that now I want to buy her a little backpack from LL Bean. She needs one for day care, right? 
- This is what we did last night. It was delicious, as always.

- Eliza and I made oatmeal raisin walnut cookies the other night after reading "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". You know what happens when you give a little girl a cookie? She wants more cookies. You know what happens when you give Eliza these particular cookies? She picks out the raisins and leaves the rest of the cookie for the mice to eat.


- My run time for the triathlon is getting much better! I'm on my way to meeting my goal of 30 minutes for the 5K. I haven't ran the full 5K at that pace yet, but I did run 2 miles in 19:30 the other day and I felt great! This time is actually slower by about 3 minutes from my fastest 2-mile time when I was in the army, but I'm going to overlook that fact and just go with new improvements! As for the rest of my events, swimming the half mile is going to take around 23 minutes but that will also be affected by the mass of other swimmers fighting for places in the river. I think the bike portion will take around 45 minutes for the 15 1/2 miles. The race is in 3 weeks so Lauryn and I are just getting all of the final logistics figured out like race apparel, sunglasses, energy gels or bars and training plans for these last couple of weeks. We're getting pretty excited! Apparently all of my training has allotted more space in my diet for ice cream, cookies and other food according to all of my bullets today. This week isn't the best portrayal of our typical diet. :)
- Eliza can now "read" some of her books. She definitely doesn't actually read the words, but she recognizes and identifies pictures. Some times she will say the picture name and other times she will give a sound for the picture. This is just one of the areas where her verbal skills have really advanced. She is also really good about using words more and more to communicate. She learns multiple new words on a daily basis. I'm amazed at how fast she is learning. It's so fun to watch!
- Two more months until my internship begins. I'm dreading day care for Eliza but excited to get this experience started. I began a series of hepatitis B vaccines this past week in order to be covered during my clinical rotations. I also got my tetanus booster at the same time. The two shots didn't hurt at all, but I was left with a nasty bruise and a sore muscle for a few days.
- We ate brunch at Miss Shirley's in Baltimore today following our weekend bike ride. The meal was awesome! We went with Lauryn and Jonny (we're with them a lot) and between the three of us we had pineapple upside down pancakes, white chocolate raspberry Belgian waffles, cinnamon danish pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and biscuits. It was a ton of food, but so yummy! Brian and I first tried out this restaurant with our friend, Sydney. It's always been amazing! Hey Sydney-the new location in the Inner Harbor is now open! You better come back here soon for another visit!
10 comments:
Bridgette was my only one who ever took the binkie. I just traded it out during nap time for another lovey (for Bridgette it was a dolly). But it could be a blankie or something else. It was rough the first few nap times, but we were also able to do it at nite time after about a week. We did it for another purpose, but that may work. We never took it away from home, and had a few times where she napped/ slept without her lovey, and she was fine. Sorry I'm not more help (this was about 4 years ago). Just try a method and stick to it. We're gonna have to wean Leilani off of her thumb soon, so we'll see how that goes. Good luck!
We are in the same boat with the Binky... what to do? We are the same way. He says bye-bye to it every morning and just expects it when it's time to sleep... what to do...
oh. And I forgot to tell you how jealous I am of the Bruster's shot. ug. Need. Bruster's. Now.
Where in Maine are you going? I grew up on the Southern coast and it's my favorite place ever.
Amelia was my only kid to take a binky. My sister's kids were still using theirs at 4 years old and I wanted to avoid that, so I took the binky away at a year. I just took it away, cold turkey. Unfortunately she just replaced it by sucking on her blankets. Now we're trying to ween her off those.
Why am I the only one who has never been to Brusters? Is it on Forest Drive, past the high school? I think I've driven past it. Next time you go, call us and maybe we can meet you there.
Ooooo, and trip to Maine. That's on our list of things to do while we still live on the east coast. I can't wait to hear about it!
As for the binky....with Lana we had her throw them into a garbage can so that she was the one who got rid of them. It worked well for her. Ike we were able to just kind of phase it out and he just stopped asking for it. Every kid is different, but once it's gone keep it gone. Like anything with kids it's consistency that matters.
I definitely learned my lesson with binkies. If they still take them when they're walking, its pretty much gonna stick. Mada is 3, and gets hers when she goes to bed at night. She's old enough to understand the rules, though. Paci's stay in the bed. If you can wean her off daytime nap, night time should come easily as well. But be prepared with a special replacement. All I know is that potty training was easier than getting rid of that piece of plastic.
Oh Brusters! I am super jealous right now! Good luck on the Triathlon. I can't wait to see pictures =)
Jamie, you look lovely in that Bruster's picture! And Eliza is cute, as always.
With respect to the binkie, Asher was also down to "bedtime only," and one night when he was going to bed, he asked for the binkie and Josh said, "You don't need that." Asher didn't argue and we hid all of the binkies away in the cupboard. He only asked for it a few more times, always receiving the same response, and that was that.
But to echo Lindsay, every kid is different...
yea cant help u on getting the pacifier out - i mean will all my experience its shocking - haha
so cute in the backpack - every kid needs an ll bean backpack - i grew up on them
brusters - yum
excellent for more ice cream and cookies in the diet - i need some of that :)
i need a come soon for some baking and i didnt know miss shirleys was opening in the inner harbor - ahh - im so jealous
Post a Comment