Now we're here...
Brian came home yesterday! Finally! He'll only be here for two weeks so we're going to make the most of the that time and head to Maine for a week and then get our office unpacked and organized. The former should be very fun, but I'm not looking forward to the latter. Regardless of the fun level, we're going to stay super busy and won't really be around much for blogging, facebook, email or phone calls. So to give you something to read for a few days, here is a little update.
Eliza with my finisher's medal from the triathlon.- When we read books, Eliza often identifies objects in the pictures using the correct words, but she doesn't always get the full pronounciation. Examples: Jesus Christ=cheese, buttons=butt butts, and butterflies=butflies. She also pluralizes many words - balls, sippies, cups, snacks, babies, bikes, etc.
- Whenever I say "prayer time" to Eliza prior to the start of a meal, she automatically bows her head and says "thank you for this day" and then continues on in her little babble until she gets to "maymen". Obviously, I must be opening the prayer each day with some repetition. Oh well, she's learning, right?
- I love that nearly every store has been having major sales all summer long. I've purchased quite a few of the clothes for my internship in the range of $5-$25 with original prices ranging from $40-$90. I'm all set now except for a pair of brown shoes and another skirt.
- We are going to make a special trip to visit The Dairy Godmother while Brian is in town. We're just deciding on whether or not that visit will coincide with Banana Pudding or Lemon Blueberry as the custard flavor of the day. I really want to try Mozambique too, but we can't wait that long.
- It's Back-to-School season all around. I love this time of year! As much as I hate the inevitability of winter, I do love the turn of the season from summer to fall that coincides with pencils, notebooks and rulers. My office just threw a party for me and another graduate to celebrate the completion of our degrees and the match for our internships. They loaded us up with post-it notes, pencils, pens, highlighters, meat thermometers, calculators, notebooks, business card holders, thank you cards, reference materials, and so many other fun things! I can't wait to put it all to good use! I love school supplies!
- Taking Chocolate Malted Muffins and Ham and Swiss Rye Muffins on our camping trip. Both recipes come from the King Arthur Flour's Whole Grain Baking cookbook. The links I provided are other people's adaptations of these recipes.
- I'm still reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" and it's still good. It's also really long!
- Eliza took off her shirt when she took a nap the other day and this is how she woke up:

Do you see the hand print?



3 comments:
yay for brian finally being home at least for a little
mmmmmmmmm the dairy godmother - ive never been - will have to go someday
ok chocolate malted muffin - yum - ham and swiss rye muffin - even if i ate ham - muffins to me r sweet and breakfasty - those sound more like a sandwich - but hey to each his own :)
have fun camping and if u get bored and need a rest stop on the way back...
Eliza is so cute! We, too, find random objects all around the house. Guess that will be something to miss when they get older...
I hope you have a lovely time in Maine, and please post pictures of your trip to when you can. :)
Enjoy your trip! Jade says "Elizza!" When she sees your pictures! Tell Brian Hi for us!
Post a Comment