


We woke up to an overcast and windy day but decided to still make use of our day off to visit a pumpkin patch with Eliza once we discovered that the temperature was in the low 70s. We went to Larriland Farm as usual and enjoyed the beautiful leaves along the drive and at the farm. Once there we went on a tractor-drawn hay ride, visited the "Boo Barn", played in the hay bale maze, shared an apple fritter and picked out two pie pumpkins, a spaghetti squash, an acorn squash, two mini gourds, some fresh broccoli and a half gallon of apple cider. Our plans now include to make
Italian stuffed spaghetti squash,
acorn squash quesadillas,
butternut squash risotto (from squash we already had at home), and
apple cider spice doughnuts. We'll puree the pie pumpkins and freeze them for baking later or we'll just make a yummy apple dip out of the puree with some marshmallow fluff. The dip also goes well with gingersnaps; try it, you'll like it.










7 comments:
Cute blazer, Jamie! I love pumpkin patches--and I love that you always have a plan for the food you buy. I impulse buy things and then let them rot because I have no idea what to do with them. And I always want to try your recipe suggestions. mmmm
those recipes sound delicious. definitely going to have to get me some squash now. i think marianne went to that same farm for apple picking.
hey jamie all these recipes reminded me of your half sheet menu planner! when u get a half a minute (i know u r so busy) could u email it?
Awesome pictures! I love how much Eliza loved her pumpkins last night =) It was super cute!
i went apple picking with jamie and two of her friends and jenn sunday in jersey. i picked way too many apples as usual and they were huge. i also got acorn squash, jamie and friends got an apple pie to take to a dinner they were going to that night, jenn got cider, some ciders donuts were bought but we forgot to eat em and i think they were in one of jamies friends bags - sad :(
i dont plan to make anything out of any of em but your recipes sound great.
no one wantes to go for a hayride (except me) which included some pick your own pumpkin time but jenn bought some little pumpkins for decoration or something and no one wanted to go in the corn maze except me - oh well
i shuoulda come out and gone with u guys - haha
Aw that looks like fun! I wonder if they still have that hay maze up?
Great pics of all of you guys! I especially love the one of Eliza squatting in the hay maze. Did she have to do her duty? :)
Post a Comment