Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Eliza!

Eliza turned 2 yesterday and we had a fun small party at home to celebrate. She loves WALL-E so we themed her cake after the movie and she also got a stuffed WALL-E toy. She also received new clothes from both sets of grandparents, new books, an art set, a doll and some Little People toys. We had our friends Jonny, Lauryn, Jenn and Phil over for pizza and then we had cupcakes with chocolate chip frosting, which were very good.







2-Year Update:
  • Eliza's favorites: movie-WALL-E; food-spaghetti or yogurt; things to do-play at the park, color, dance, swim, read, take a bath (she calls it a tubbit), sing; toys-baby doll, shopping cart, Little People village; accessory-sunglasses or eyeglasses.
  • She's been working on potty training since September completely on her own timeline.
  • Eliza's vocabulary skills have really expanded. She is speaking in short sentences and can pronounce longer words. Her most common phrases or words: I do it, stop it pop it, sit down guys, no, mine, more please, pardon me, bless you, sorry, please, thank you, yogurt, poop, potty, milk, water, like it I like it, story time, I want ____, and see ya alligator (or just gator).
  • Dislikes: getting her hair done, being told no.

6 comments:

Dasha said...

Happy Birthday Eliza! Great movie choice.

Monique said...

IT was AWESOME to get a call from you! I will always remember sweet Eliza's birthday. It was my favorite present that year!! She is a doll. I hope to see her again... soon!

SheL said...

Wall-E is Logan's favorite movie too! She is such a cutie. It was great to see you guys today. Happy Birthday Eliza!

sydney said...

i like the cupcake mountain
wow she has real teeth and all - i dont think ive noticed those in pictures before - nice
by the way, i think her vocabulary is bigger and better than mine :)

Crystal said...

I love the way you did the cupcakes! And Happy Birthday Eliza! Is it sappy that I think "aw, I remember going to Jamie's baby shower."

Jan said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Eliza! You've come a long way, baby :)