Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Year End Review 2009


Major points from 2009:
  • We moved once again but just within the local area. That brings the total of moves to 4 since Eliza was born. We're sick of moving!
  • We went to the Bahamas on a cruise out of Miami. We had an awesome trip despite unseasonably cold weather.
  • After having our dog, Henley, for 8 years we had to find him a new home. He now lives with my sister's in-laws in a farmland area and has settled in well with his new family.
  • Brian and I both celebrated graduations-him with his MPH and me with my BS in dietetics.
  • I matched and began my dietetic internship with the University of Maryland Medical Center. I am enjoying a challenging year and can't believe that I'm done in 6 more months.
  • Eliza began daycare and had a rough transition at first but now loves going to "school" and has learned so much in the 4 months that she's been attending.
  • Brian spent 6 months of the year working in other countries. Eliza and I used part of this time to visit with family and friends in Utah, Nevada, California and Idaho.
  • During a break between Brian's work, we took a family camping vacation to Maine (which was absolutely gorgeous, we'll definitely be going back someday) bringing the total # of states we've visited as a couple to 46. We still need to visit North Dakota, Montana, Hawaii and Alaska. Then we can move on to countries. Well maybe continents first.
  • I participated in my first triathlon which got rained out, but I plan on trying again. I had a lot of fun for the part that I did get to do and I loved the training leading up to the race. I've missed the gym!
  • We had our good friends Jonny and Lauryn live with us for about 6 weeks which was pretty cramped in our 3 bedroom apartment. However, the arrangement worked out surprisingly well and Eliza loved having them around. We all miss them now that they're back home in Utah.
  • Eliza turned 2.
Coming up in 2010:
  • Maybe another move - out of this apartment!
  • Completion of my internship and sitting for the RD exam (and passing on the first attempt I hope).
  • Celebrating our 10th anniversary. Any ideas for an amazing trip? Amazing and affordable I should say.
  • Possibly triathlons for both Brian and myself.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute family photo and a great update.
Where would you be moving to?

Lucy said...

Monday was my 10 year wedding anniversary. Josh and I were 7000 miles apart, and I rode an ambulance for the first time with Charlie.

I got nothing for you... :)

the ohana said...

Mike and I will be celebrating 10 years in 2010 also! OK, we should be pregnant at the same time too ;). You guys had a great year and we wish you a great 2010!..

Queen of the Castle said...

We went to Williamsburg for our tenth anniversary. We stayed at this lovely little bed and breakfast right across the street, it was awesome. We had a great time.

sydney said...

happy new year! i didnt know my friend ruff ruff moved away - glad he has farmland to run on

Jan said...

Ok, Jamie, we all know what "taking Henley to the farm" is code for :) Just kidding!