Sunday, September 19, 2010

Things to Remember

I wanted to get a few more pictures uploaded to catch up on hospital events.
  • Simon was discharged from the hospital on Friday after 3 days of antibiotics that included 2 IVs (with 5 attempts, including one in his scalp).  I was discharged on Wednesday, but I remained as a boarder in my room in order to breastfeed without having to travel back and forth every few hours.  Since he was discharged we've had to go back to the hospital once for a follow-up lab draw to check his bilirubin levels.  The labs came back fine so he no longer has to have blood draws.      
  • Getting started on reading early: Eliza received an "Our Daily Bread" religious pamphlet on the way into the hospital one day and she chose to read that to Simon even though we had a stack of free children's books as a gift from the hospital.  
  • Arriving home from the hospital.  He wore a little suit that we bought a few years ago because it had submarines on it (a tribute to Brian's job at that time).  He's using the same blanket that Eliza used the day she came home from the hospital.    

  • I've hit the post-partum hormonal time and I can't stop crying over ridiculous things.  Eliza has been really cute about trying to make me feel better.  She has a little smiley face handout that she made in nursery and she keeps bringing it to me telling me that it will make me smile.  She will then go find anything else that she thinks will make me happy like crayons, hair bows, or other toys.  I keep trying to explain that I'm not really sad but that doesn't make any sense to her since I am crying.  I hope the hormones subside soon!    
  • Eliza has also decided that she needs a "violin" or a "microphone" frequently throughout the day.  These items consist of any assortment of kitchen utensils repurposed to meet her needs.  

2 comments:

Nourishing Creations said...

Great things to remember, i'm so impressed by your blog updates already. It's great to get them up so that as life keeps happening, you are remembering all of it as it's going on!
So glad you guys are all doing well. Oh the hormonal stage, I remember moments of that pretty vividly! Hope you regulate soon! At least you know what to expect this time!

sydney said...

glad everyone's doing well!

hope the hormones subside soon