Not too much is going on around here, which is why I haven't been updating our blog very often. The holidays are over and we're back to the routine of dance class and library story time. I also started back at the gym now that my hip pain has improved enough to do regular workouts. I had been taking ballet classes once a week and they helped tremendously with the pain. I'll miss taking ballet again but I am having fun at some of the gym classes. I did my first Zumba class tonight and loved it! I have monthly sessions with a personal trainer as well and plan on using his advice and tips to work on my worst areas: glutes and quads. The kids go with me and spend 1 1/2 hours in the child play room while I work out. I am considering another triathlon that is part of the Utah Summer Games in June, but I am not totally committed to that idea yet. I think I can handle a 5K in a few more months, though, once I rebuild my endurance and stamina. I've really gotten out of shape in the past year and a half since I have been at the gym! In addition to working out, I am excited to possibly be doing some work with my nutrition background for the gym. Beyond these topics, not much else is happening besides the perpetual countdown to Brian's first visit home.
Now for pictures:
Eliza likes to hold Simon at bedtime and always asks me to take a picture. I captured a few nights with the camera, but Simon doesn't really cooperate. He gets scared or confused by the red eye light and then again by the beep for the focus notification. I end up with faces from him like the ones below even though he was smiling just moments before the picture was taken. Also, I have no idea why, but he looks so much bigger in all of his pictures than he does in real life. He is over 15 lbs now, but he really doesn't look that chubby.
3 comments:
The video reminds me of some that we have from when I was a baby and my sister is always yelling look at me look at what I can do! and I just sit there :) I really love eliza's song choice and its really weird to me that shes so big now.
So cute Jamie!! Your kids are getting so big! love Eliza's song:)
when's brian next come home?
haha i like the song :) and you going ok new song in the background - haha
my aunt at least used to take zumba when she lived in NY - before she moved to Florida a few months ago and she used to rave about it to my mom - i've never done it but then again ive never been big on gym classes - im about going in, doing my thing on my own schedule and leaving - except for occasional spin if im with my mother
Post a Comment