Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Funny Things

I've been saving these up for a while:

  • At the end of Sacrament Meeting a few months ago I was picking up coloring odds and ends while holding Simon.  I noticed in my peripheral vision that Eliza was standing in front of her chair swaying to the closing hymn.  Then she added in a little twirl and some arm waving leading up to her big performance of a toe touch jump!  I had her sit down after that and pretended to remind her to be reverent in church but I was actually laughing at how hilarious it was.  That girl is a dancer through and through and nothing, not even church, is going to hold her back.
  • One day at the post office she was chatting with the other people in line and happened to be standing with her legs kind of in a lunge position.  Well, the lady behind us mentioned that it looked like she was doing the splits.  So what does Eliza do?  She drops onto the floor and flops her legs out into her center splits for everyone to see while saying "look at me, I can do the splits".
  • A while ago she mentioned that she was afraid of the scary shadows at night, but that it was okay because "daddy took all the shadows to work with him".  So now Brian not only has to track all of the skunks in the world, but also the scary shadows.  He has some pretty big responsibilities!  (Since this has happened, Eliza has had a few nightmares involving snakes and shadows so maybe we need to figure out another way to combat her frights).   
  • While buckling Eliza into her car seat she looked up at me and said "mommy, you have hair in your nose." 
  • Simon doesn't say any words yet, but he is great at making sounds to get more food.  He uses the same sound and it's best described as a grunt.  He can eat quite a bit of food so his little grunting lasts for quite a while during meal time.  Even after I am sure that he is full, he will keep grunting for food if someone else is still eating.  
  • The other day in the car Simon was crying and Eliza grabbed a stack of baby wipes.  I could hear her in the backseat consoling Simon and telling him that she would wipe off his tears.  Sometimes she can be such a sweet little girl!  
  • She always asks me what I did at the gym for my workout after I pick her up.  I typically do spinning, Zumba or weights, which always disappoints her.  She insists that I need to do the class with the balls even though she has no idea what they do in that class.  She saw the class through the building exterior windows one day and decided that it was the best class ever. 

    2 comments:

    sydney said...

    i wish i could do the splits :)
    that's so cute of her wiping his tears

    Brandi said...

    Amelia had a problem with nightmares and being afraid of things at night. So, I made "Scare-away Spray." I just picked up a spray bottle at the store and made an official looking label, then filled it with water. I told her it was like the spray I use to keep the ants and spiders out of our house, but this spray keeps anything scary away.

    If she's feeling scared before bed, she can spray it wherever she thinks it's needed. And she keeps it on her bedside stand so if she wakes up scared, she can spray it then, too.

    It's worked really, really well.