Saturday, June 18, 2011

Utah Summer Games Triathlon

I just competed in the USG Triathlon which was a sprint distance race with a 750 meter swim, 15 mile bike and 5K run.  I did this race as part of a relay team, which I highly recommend if you hate the swimming leg as much as I do.  I joined up with a friend from church, Laura, who did the swim leg and my friend Lauryn who did the run portion.  If you remember back to my first triathlon in Philadelphia, Lauryn was the other competitor with me that crazy, rainy day.  This race was a point-to-point race from Gunlock State Park to Snow Canyon High School in St. George.   
 Transition 1 with the swim course in the background. 
 Laura (the swimmer) and Me (the non-swimmer cyclist)
 Getting into the cold water...
 ...and they're off.
 Our wave waiting to start.
 Laura taking off on her super fast swim pace (she did the 750 meters in 14:57 and was one of the fastest women overall, she even passed the majority of the wave in front of us!)
 No pictures of me cycling so here is Lauryn just after crossing the finish line for our team.  I don't know her exact 5K time, but she was awesome and definitely came in under 30 minutes. 
 All done: 3rd in the overall relay standings for which we received a bronze medal and 1st among the all-women relay teams (we didn't get a separate medal for that).
 Somebody said to flex, but I think I just bent my arm.  Do you see any muscles at all?  I swear that there are more there than what is visible.


5 comments:

sydney said...

nice - congrats

sydney said...

my fave:
What He Does at Work: works

before i saw the word cops at the end i was like hey where's cops - all i saw was bad boys and then i saw it :)
Favorite TV Show: scary show, Bad Boys (COPS)

Shilae said...

Congratulations on the medal! I love Eliza's hair, and Simon is just adorable and looks like such a happy baby! So cute.

Heidi Hamilton said...

Great job Jaime!! Looks like fun!

Jodi Jo said...

Awesome! Congrats on the medal. So exciting. I have to say that this is the one time of year that I miss living there.