Saturday, September 24, 2011

Funny Things

Eliza is always saying things that make me laugh.  Simon, obviously, can't talk yet, but that doesn't stop him from also contributing to the smiles around the house.  Some of our recent funnies:
  • We were driving around Kolob Reservoir to find a place to park and Eliza was watching the fishing boats out on the water.  She said that she wanted to go on a boat.  We told her that we didn't have a boat and that we'd just have to watch.  She insisted that she still wanted to go on a boat.  We told her that it was impossible and that we just couldn't do it.  She said "fine then, we're going to have to ride a log".  
  • Simon used to do this thing we called "stink eyes" where he threw his head back, bared him gums and squinted his eyes.  It was hilarious!  So sad that we can't get him to do it anymore.  
  • When Eliza sings the song "5 Little Monkeys" she says "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bunked their head".  
  • During one of Eliza's prayers she said "thank you that I have a pet animal, like a bear".  
  • I said to Eliza "I love you" and she replied "I love you too, cuddily buggily".  
  • Some of Eliza's words: "pokes" (sewing pins), "roller hoops" (hula hoops), "betwards" (towards), "cause not" (go to response for every question...Me: Why did you do that? Eliza: cause not)
  • Eliza: "Mom, the light is red, that means stop.  Green means go."  Me: "What does yellow mean?"  Eliza: "Umm, it means go faster."  Me: "Where did you learn that?"  Eliza: "Tre.  Uncle Tre taught me that."  (Thanks Tre!)
  • My mom frequently uses the phrase "what ya doin' tooty fruity?" and Eliza always says "I'm not tooty furty, I'm Eliza".  It cracks me up every time.  
I'm pulling these last two from an old draft post that I had sitting around so they did not happen recently, but they had to go somewhere.  
  • Me:  "I love you, Eliza."  Eliza: "Mommy I love you too, but sometimes you yell at me.  You say "go to the potty, go to the potty."  
  • While cleaning off our advent calendar with Windex during Christmas last year (which involves putting stickers on a laminated poster with scripture listings that surround a picture of Christ) Eliza said "Don't spray Jesus or he'll get really mad."  

1 comment:

sydney said...

i like them! still chuckling