We spent our day off yesterday at Mount Vernon in Alexandria, VA. This was George Washington's estate and we went because it was free and because it seemed appropriate for President's Day. It was really busy and FREEZING but we had a good time and got to tour the mansion, watch a military demonstration, and visit the Washington family tomb where George and Martha along with other family members are interred. Plus they were giving out free king-size Dove chocolate bars with pictures of the Mansion House or the US Capitol Building on the label. After we were thoroughly numb from the biting cold, we headed off for some lunch and then to get some frozen custard at The Dairy Godmother. The flavor of the day was cherry tree (cherry custard with sweet and sour cherries stirred in) - it was so good!

Overlook of the Potomac River from the Mansion portico. The view is of Maryland on the opposite side.


Overlook of the Potomac River from the Mansion portico. The view is of Maryland on the opposite side. 

We went with our friends Jonny, Lauren, Allison, Jared, Jenny and Alexander(although the last three aren't in any of the pictures).


2 comments:
The girl wearing the pink scarf and holding Eliza, what's her name? Either she has one of those faces that you think you know, or I actually know her. I think she may have been in my ward in Provo? I hate when I can't remember where I know people from, so enlighten me, please! And if it's something obvious like I should know her from Maryland, I'll just excuse myself by saying I didn't get much sleep last night. :)
at least it was sunnyish along with the freezing cu cloudyish woulda been oh so pleasant - not :)
and dove chocolate bars for free - thats just makes it all worth it :)
Post a Comment