Monday, April 20, 2009

Internship Matching Results

The results are finally in.....I matched with the University of Maryland Medical System in Baltimore! This is the program that I wanted because they have an emphasis on clinical nutrition, they're the closest program to where we live, they're cheaper than most other programs and I like all of the rotation offerings. Plus, most rotations are completed at one place so figuring out traffic isn't going to be a big deal. I'm so excited and so tired all in one since it's 2 am - the results went up at 1 am and I woke up from being too hot while sleeping and decided to just get up and look at the results even though my resolve was to wait until morning. Completing this internship is going to require a lot of time and it's going to require that Eliza attend day care for the duration. I'm already dreading the eventual day when I'll have to leave her with someone else, but Brian and I did not make this decision lightly. I'm not sure of the exact start date, but it's some time in late August or early September. I'm super excited because this program only has 4 slots and I was nervous that I wouldn't be one of their top candidates. Now to take my excitement and do something productive...I'm going back to bed.

P.S. If you're confused by all the matching talk, check out my previous post for an explanation of the process.

12 comments:

Little Mama said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy you got what you wanted. I'm sad for you and Brian to have to put Eliza into daycare. I hope you find a great one or a family who will teach her and love her too. She's too cute to lump in with standard daycare. :)

Karen said...

Congratulations, Jamie!! I'm sure you'll be able to find good childcare and this will benefit your family in the long run.

Well done!

Brandi said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad you got the one you wanted.

(By the way, if you ever want to practice on someone, e-mail me. I think I've exhausted my dietitian with my 8 million questions.)

Dasha said...

If you feel like driving down to Belvoir I'd love to watch your little lady. I think she'd have fun with my two little ladies.

Jentry said...

HURRAH! Congrats, this is huge and you are the cream of the crop!

Josh and Tiff Roundy said...

Congrats Jamie! THat is exciting news. Good luck with all of it. You will do great and i hope everything works out with Eliza.

Shilae said...

Yay!!! I know you've been anxious about the results, and it's awesome you got what you wanted!

Amanda said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I'm sure you'll find a fabulous place for Eliza, and she's young enough that she won't remember in the long run. Good luck!!

Kylene said...

Yay, that's great that you matched with your choice. My OB recommended me to a RD today, so maybe I'll give you a call instead. :)

sydney said...

yay!! congrats!!

the ohana said...

awesome, Jamie! I really hope that you'll find good day care for Eliza. I'll try to ask around too and then make some recommendations. goodluck!

Monique said...

Haley saw your blog and with tears in her eyes, she asked, "Did they sell Henley??" I told her that Henley is now living with your mom in Utah and she asked if we can go visit Henley when we go to Utah. :) Who knew she loved Henley that much? And congrats on the internship!!!! I wish I were there to tend Eliza.