Saturday, April 25, 2009

Maryland Zoo in Baltimore

Eliza and I went on a mom-and-daughter adventure today all by ourselves to the zoo in Baltimore. We had a lot of fun looking at all of the animals; we were lucky that most were out in the viewing areas walking around. We also had fun playing in exhibits, eating some Italian ice and just walking around. It was a hot day but we loved it! Sitting in an "oriole nest". Sorry I'm not looking at the camera. You win some, you lose some.
Watching the gazelles and some curly-antlered thing.
Check out her little curls! You can tell the day was humid.
We paid $2 for the giraffe "browse" branch to feed the giraffes. However, the branch fell from the giraffe's mouth and another little girl caught it and gave it back to us. The giraffes wandered away from the fence and didn't want to eat for a while and we actually got a refund on our branch. So we ended up getting the experience for free pretty much.
It's a good thing the glass barrier is there!
She was fine with petting and brushing this goat, but when a bigger one came her way she got scared and started crying. That's when we left the exhibit.
She figured out that her sun shade was built to be pulled all the way forward for more coverage, but then she took it a little farther to peek out the little mesh window. She rode like this on and off for the last 5-10 minutes at the zoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! I miss you two so much and I wish I could have been there with you.

I love you!

Alexis said...

I always wanted to go that zoo, but I never had the chance. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Eliza is so cute, her curls are adorable. Congratulations on your internship.

Monique said...

Zoos rock! We just went yesterday to feed some elephants with a b-day party. You can't beat the zoo!

sydney said...

i always meant to go to that zoo when i lived there but never got around to it - oopc
i almost went to the central park zoo yesterday cuz ive never been there either i dont think or if i have i was so little i dont remember