I made Shepherd's Pie for dinner last night and it made a ton so I split it in two and planned to freeze one to use for dinner in a few weeks. We figured that we could eat off the other through today at least and not have to cook again until Monday night, maybe Tuesday. I was feeling pretty good with all that I'd accomplished (I mean, I slaved over the hot stove for an hour following a hot, sticky day of walking around the zoo, it was an accomplishment). I walked into the kitchen this morning to make breakfast and both dishes of accomplished Shepherd's Pie were still sitting on the counter. I guess I was too caught up in my victory dance for all I'd done yesterday to remember to refrigerate the dishes. All my hard work went down the garbage disposal - I nearly cried, but then decided to just laugh since crying wouldn't repair the problem. Nevermind that grocery shopping is not very easy without Brian around and I just threw away enough food that another shopping trip will inevitably happen this week. 
This is totally a model pose. You see it too, don't you?
- The weather here has climbed into the mid-90s! Fortunately the humidity is still low enough that it feels tolerable. Cooler temperatures will be back in later this week. By cooler, I mean 60s-70s.

- It's pollen season again. I went out to our car this afternoon to go to church and found it coated in the seasonal yellow/green dust. Hooray for tree pollen and allergies!
- My prep for the triathlon is going well. I'm down to about 21 minutes for my 1/2 mile swim and it takes me about 36 minutes to do my 5K. I'm still not running the entire distance, but I'm getting closer. The bike segment is also going well but I don't know what my time is because I've just been doing training in spin classes.
- We're going on 2 weeks with no TV. It's been relaxing and quiet, maybe a little too quiet.
- I have four exams in the next three weeks. One is a module exam and the other three are final exams as in my FINAL final exams. I don't have any more finals after this unless I decide to do another degree, but that won't be for a while. I do still have to take, and pass, the RD credentialing exam but that's not for another year and it's going to pretty much be a comprehensive exam of the past 4+ years of my life.

- My internship starts the day after labor day so I have the entire summer off from school related things. Yeah!
- Q: How many interns are in your program? A: 4
- The bugs that came with us when we moved into our apartment seem to be dying off. I've seen fewer and fewer each day.
- Our big plans for this summer include a camping trip to Acadia National Park in Maine with detours along the way so we can visit every New England state.

9 comments:
That's horrible about your Sheppard's Pie! I totally would have cried. And Eliza is adorable! Her eyes are gorgeous!
i am just none too smart and probably woulda eaten the sheppards pie anyhow and risked getting sick - oops
wait is this an intentional no tv? will this go on for a prolonged period? id go nuts - haha
are there anymore stops on ur way to new england? hint hint - hehe
I have done that so many times its not even funny. I absolutely love Eliza's dress. I would love to borrow it to do a trace for a pattern. I was doing eye calculations at church, but stopped short of pulling up the layers to see how the underskirt was attached :p I love smocking, but it seems scary to do.
LOL. Kylene, you're too funny.
I love the dress, too. Way cute. Eliza could sell anything though. She is quite the model. Love the posing.
Not loving allergy season. I'm so tired all the time. Tired and hot=cranky, at least for me.
Have fun training. Wish the outdoor pools were open. That would be nice.
It's not really an intentional TV situation...we sold our TV when we moved to Utah and replaced it with a nice flat screen unit when we moved to our new apartment. However, the TV arrived with a crack in the frame and we returned it only to find out that Costco wasn't selling that item anymore. They refunded our money to a Costco cash card so we can't spend it anywhere but there and now we're just waiting for a comparable unit to be available.
Yes, stops along the way to Maine include stopping in New York. We wouldn't dream of not visiting you! Plus, now that you've got a Shake Shack near you that's all the more incentive.
I love the dress too and that is cool that she keeps her hair band on, you trained her well :).
I feel for your sheppards pie :(.
First, Eliza is so cute. i love how she poses for pictures. Noelle is starting to do that too.
Second, I don't know if I ever told you CONGRATS on matching with your internship. I also like your definition of dietitian vs. nutritionist. I was reading a cookbook by two "nutritionist" and was getting totally confused. (found out later they were models which qualified them to tell people about nutrition.)
Last of all, Go you for doing fun things with Eliza. Jason will be gone weeks at a time while we are here. I am just going to have to get the courage to venture out on my own.
just randomly decided to look at comments and noticed that there was one responding to what I'd written or I'd never have seen it - oops. I see how it is - Shake shack is the incentive - who needs me? haha
This is random, but i'd love to follow you guys to Maine. My sister went there and got Jade a book called "Goodnight Maine" and one of the pages says "goodnight Acadia National Park" It seems like a beautiful place!
Post a Comment