Saturday, June 6, 2009

5K Race #2 and Playing with Grandparents

Did you know that today is National Trails Day? Well it is. Many cities host 5K races on this day to go along with the event so I signed up for the one in my hometown along with my cousin, Amanda. We weren't the fastest runners; we actually came in 2nd and 3rd to last, but we had fun. I won my age division so that should tell you right away that I was the only participant in my age division. :) Mandy is just getting back into running so it was a good pairing since I'm not much of a runner. Otherwise, Mandy would have left me in the dust. The course this time was much different than my first 5K since we ran a lot more hills and some were pretty big. I came in with a time 1:26 slower than before for a total of 37:06, but I feel okay with that. It helps that my $10 entry fee got me a t-shirt and a few prizes including a camp chair, a kids t-shirt, and two gift certificates for free meals at local restaurants, The Pizza Factory and Costa Vida. Not bad for 37 minutes of work. Now I've just got to get faster!

After the race, Brian's parents and sister came for a visit. We went to lunch and then played at an awesome park. You might notice that we have jackets on in some of the pictures. That's right, it's June and it was cool enough for jackets. The temperature was maybe near 57 but the wind made it even cooler. Eliza isn't wearing a jacket because I couldn't find hers and she ran around enough that she didn't care anyway.

5 comments:

Dasha said...

congrats, look at you go!! so are you back in utah again? you're just all over the place i can't keep up. lol

Beth said...

That sounds like an awesome 5K! More power to ya too, I don't think I could even think about doing one right now! And Eliza is getting so big! And cuter everyday.
And is that park in MD? Because I think I played on it when I was a kid! :]

sydney said...

man all that for 10 bucks? nice - and nice job on the race too :)
57 in june? brrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet Pea, great job! You sure are a hot momma, I hope you know that. I'm glad you are having a great time with Baby Girl. I love you both so much!!

Monique said...

Awesome. Cute. Awesome. Awesome. I want that swing. Cute. Cute. Cute. And what a family!