Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Evidence

Time seems to be passing by relatively quickly between holidays, birthdays and less sleep. We've still got a few months before Brian is home for a visit so I hope that it continues to pass quickly.

Eliza's birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year so we've got her birthday party coming up this weekend. She's turning 3 so that means that the "terrible twos" instantly stop next week, right? She's a really good girl, but definitely has her own ideas of what to wear and how to behave at certain times. She now refuses to wear pants of any kind without some coercion. She will wear dresses or skirts every single day, but they have to be certain patterns or designs. I guess some articles of clothing just don't meet her standards (whatever they are).  Evidence follows:

Exhibit A:  She would wear this dress every day if I'd let her.
Exhibit B: She is only wearing this dress because I threatened her that Santa wouldn't come if she didn't put it on.  I can't figure her out.  Maybe it's not frilly enough. 
Evidence of other things...Exhibit C: Eliza has been obsessed with taking pictures and she took this one of me.  It's a terrible picture, but it shows that my glasses really are ALWAYS crooked. 
Exhibit D: Corelle dishes really do break, and, when they do, they shatter into pretty cool shapes. 
Exhibit E: Even spraying iPhones with squirt bottles causes enough water damage to ruin the phone.  My backlight shorted out, but is surprisingly working again.  I doubt it has anything to do with the rice since there is only about 1/4 cup in there.
Exhibit F: Just Because

7 comments:

Shilae said...

We're still waiting for that docile, wanting-to-please stage. Let me know if the 3s bring it for Eliza--and here's to hoping!

Jodi Jo said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten. She is such a good mixture of the two of you. Oh, and I call the two's 'terrific two's' because next to the three's, they are a breeze! Good luck! ;)

Des said...

I cannot believe how quickly your kids have grown! The dress thing is a phase. I don't envy that you get to experience it. I found that I could eventually compromise and let her bring the favorite outfit with. Either holding it in her lap or in a little bag for her. That way when the weather and the outfit didn't match....we could both have what we needed and wanted. Good luck with that.

Ariella said...

Threes were the hardest for me. Yikes, good luck. lol

Nona went through a skirt/dress wearing stage, so I bought her a bunch. Now she won't touch them. Time to go pants shopping. sigh.

Love all the pictures. That last one cracks me up.

Jenny D. said...

Everybody has already said what I was going to say, but the three's really are the worst. Whoever came up with the "terrible two's" phrase got it all wrong!

sydney said...

ah yes the i phone really does get damaged - ive seen one do some weird ghost like freaking out things when dropped in a toilet
me and eliza - opposites - cant get me in a dress - haha

Nourishing Creations said...

Jamie- I think we are living the same pattern and timing! My goodness, the dresses with jade- same thing (no pants!), the corelle dish broke- same! Jade likes to take pictures too. They really are born days apart and go through the same phases. I also feel like I can't figure my daughter out either!
(I'm hoping my phone stays in good shape- I don't want to jinx that one!)