Tuesday, February 15, 2011

He's Back!

Brian is home for his first visit of the year and I couldn't be happier!  My mom kept our kids overnight so I could drive to Las Vegas, pick Brian up from the airport and spend the night out with him.  He planned the entire night with help from some coworkers and we had a blast!  Everything was a surprise to me.  We stayed at the Bellagio hotel which is one of my favorite hotels thanks to the awesome water fountains out front.  We spent some time at the hotel spa to have a couples massage which was so nice and we also had some excellent food at the hotel for breakfast (lemon ricotta pancakes - yum!).     

We had dinner at Japonais at The Mirage hotel and it was amazing!  All of the food was incredible, but one of the desserts was particularly delicious.  It's shown in the picture below on the left with the blackberry on top.  It was a kabocha pumpkin cheesecake on an almond cookie crust with a pineapple mousse top.  I do not even like pumpkin cheesecake, but this was so yummy!  The chocolate ginger mousse cake next to it was also yummy, but not quite as yummy as the cheesecake! 

We walked around The Strip for a while to kill some time before our show and ended up wandering around The Venetian hotel.  We checked out a bunch of the stores and had some gelato (never enough dessert for us) and then headed back to The Mirage.


All of the hotels were decorated for the Chinese New Year and everything looked gorgeous! 

We saw Cirque du Soleil's LOVE with The Beatles' music.  It was an awesome show with complete sensory overload.  The performance was truly amazing.  There was so much to see that I'm sure we missed half of what was going on.  I'd definitely see this show again.  

I'm so happy to be able to have a few weeks as a family again.  We've got a lot planned for the time that Brian will be here that I'm sure the time will fly by.  I just hope that it doesn't go too fast! 

2 comments:

sydney said...

say hi to brian for me. i've seen a bunch of cirque du soleils but not LOVE and yea theres always so much going on you cant keep your eyes on everything at once but it's always pretty cool
have fun!!

Linds said...

Yea! This sounds wonderful and I'm so happy for you to have him home for a while!