Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funny Things, Again



My kids are always saying/doing funny things, which is why I have so many posts titled similarly to this one. 

Me: Eliza, which store do you want to go to?
Eliza: Witch store?  I want to go to the witch store!
Me: No, not witch store, which store for groceries?  Wal-Mart or Smith's?
Eliza: Oh, well then, Smith's.

Eliza-isms: campalope (cantaloupe), ghost-es (ghosts)

Eliza:  "Mommy, I made a yelling trophy for you because you're such a good yeller.  It even says "Jamie" right there on the front.  (This happened following a particularly messy lunchtime where I yelled and then promptly apologized.  I still got the trophy.  Go me!)."

Eliza: "Mommy, I can't come finish eating my lunch because I'm a cowboy and cowboys don't eat."

Me: "Eliza, what do you think this book is going to be about?  It's called A Giant's Garden." 
Eliza: "I think it's about a giant."
Me: "What is a giant?"
Eliza: "A giant says fee-fi-4-3-2-1".

Simon is in a super cute phase of giving kisses, using simple words (dat - that, a da - all done, uh oh and da du - thank you) and he is becoming quite the climber.  He also folds his arms whenever we have prayer time and he's gotten very good at waving when people say hi or bye.

Setting: Me changing Simon's ultra poopy diaper
Characters: Me, Eliza, Simon
Dialogue-
Me: Wow, Simon, this is really stinky.
Eliza: That is so stinky mommy.
Me: Tell me about it.
Eliza: Once upon a time there was a baby, and the baby pooped a really stinky diaper.  The mommy changed the diaper and then it was over.

The End




2 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Haha! So cute! LOVE the yelling trophy. I'm sure I would get a bigger trophy than you ;)

sydney said...

haha i quite like the last one.
cowboys dont eat huh? haha